Saturday, October 17, 2009

More than Once

I was in love once.
It was beautiful.
We were inseparable.
Some stuff happened, and we grew apart.

I was made of sunshine once.
Smiles and giggles all the time.
Nothing could bring me down.
Some stuff happened, and I grew up.

I want to feel that way more than once.
I want to be in love again.
I want to be made of sunshine again.
But only once more, the next one will be the last one.
THE one.
Some stuff will happen, and we will grow old.
Together.

I won't settle. But I'm impatient.

1 comment:

  1. Really a beautiful poem. But i thnk we are went to love several times in our lives. There are over 6.5 (i think) billion people on the planet. This leads me to believe 1 of 3 things. We will never find the perfect match, there are multiple perfect matches, or there is no perfect match (just a lot of close ones). You just have to be willing to give yourself to people in hopes of finding out if this person is "the one". You never know who it could be. So get out there and make yourself happy!

    ReplyDelete