Monday, October 26, 2009

Here's the Deal

If you know me at all, you probably know that I'm very much a "go getter", a leader, someone who's not afraid to put themselves out there and hope for the best. I wear my heart on my sleeve for all to see most of the time. This leaves me very vulnerable, I'm usually completely alright with this. I'm not afraid to get hurt, it has happened so many times in the past I have come to accept it as something unavoidable.

But right now...

I'm scared to tell you how I feel. (It's pretty darn obvious and 'you' have probably already figured out who you are...but I don't know.)
For once, I'm scared...scared to:
leap
jump
fall.

I feel like this means something-
Am I afraid because this could be the real deal?
Am I nervous because our friendship could be at stake?
Am I worried that you'll not return the same affections?

Yes.

Well, here goes nothing...

3 comments:

  1. Hey Darling!!! I am so intrigued by all of your posts. They are so creative and it's fun to try to figure out what you are talking about half the time! Hope your day/year is going GREAT and that we can catch up sometime soon! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah... You remind me so much of myself when I was in college. I even wrote a song about this situation called "Leap." I will play it for you sometime. It was about a guy. And then while I was writing it I realized I had the same kind of apprehension spiritually, not wanting to fully trust God because... What if he let me down like all the other people I gave my heart to? I still struggle with this; it just keeps coming up in new ways. It is just hard to trust your heart, or anybody else's, once you've been hurt. Anyway, thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hannah- you know how we were talking last night about how people don't always know what you are talking about on this? Well, I don't know exactly what you are talking about in this one, but I have the same thoughts right now about someone.(i think if we are thinking along the same lines). Love you and I'm so glad i got to see you last night!

    ReplyDelete