Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Decisions, Decisions

So here's the deal:
I don't know anymore.
I have always been so decisive and sure of everything. I thought I had it all planned out, I was going to get my BA in biology, then MAT in education, go into the Peace Corps, come home and get married and settled in my career, have about 5 kids and call it good. This has been a struggle for me this year and I don't know why. Maybe it's God's way of saying, "I'm in control, not you." Thanks, God. But it's been weighing on my heart a lot lately and I need some clarity.

Things I'm unsure about:
My major- I don't like (maybe even hate) my science classes this semester...but what else would I do?
My church- ELCA? yeah....that's all. (really, I'm just that confused)
My relationships- I feel alone, all the time. My best friend is gone, the others have their own relationships...and we are all so busy with classes/work/other things we're losing touch.

Things I think I'm sure about:
I want to stay at ISU.
I want to be a teacher.
I want a family.

Stay tuned next time for "Pressure Points"

3 comments:

  1. I've come to think that is what college is supposed to do - expose someone to there plan so they form an actual opinion based upon experience. I thought I had my future planned out. Meteorology Bachlors - then work in meteorology research/forecasting. Go to grad school at Oklahoma University and be a part of the storm chase team. After being exposed to metoerology research classes, I hated it... So I went into something else that interests me (Emergency management). I actually like going to class now, I do my work, and I take pride in it. So all I can suggest I guess is to roll with the punches and in the end only do things that make you happy and everything will fall in order :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Kyle:) I didn't know you read my blog, but i'm glad to find out that you do. I appreciate the support. Hope all is well with you!

    ReplyDelete